Using two-factor authentication is an important part of keeping your account safe from potential threats. With two-factor authentication, even if someone were to guess your password, an attacker would still need to have an additional code to get in.
Two-factor authentication adds a slight bit more effort to log into your account, but the benefits greatly outweight any downsides. In this article, we'll show you how to add two-factor authentication to your NorthStack account.
There are multiple apps that you can use for configuring two-factor authentication, but here's a couple that we recommend:
To enable two-factor authentication on your NorthStack account, follow these steps:
- Begin by logging into the NorthStack Console.
- Next, access your user settings by clicking on your user icon at the top right of the page, then clicking on User Settings.
- Inside the User Settings page, scroll down to the Manage Multi-Factor Authentication section. Within this section, your phone number should already be filled in. Double-check your phone number, then click the Enable 2FA button.
- You will now be presented with a QR code. Using your authentication app, scan your QR code.
- Upon scanning your QR code, you'll be presented with a verification code. Simply enter that verification code into the Verification Code field, then click on Verify.
Your account is now secured with two-factor authentication!